The steps for new employees listed on this page are specific to the Sorrell College of Business. All new TROY employees should complete the steps listed at http://it.troy.edu/faculty-staff/new-employees.html
- Become Blackboard certified (all faculty)
All faculty in the Sorrell College of Business must obtain Blackboard certification before or during their first term.
Faculty should contact Mr. Scott Smith to start the certification course.
- Request enrollment in Blackboard organizations (full-time faculty only)
The Sorrell College of Business uses two Blackboard organizations for communication and collaboration within and among disciplines.
Upon completion of Blackboard certification, contact Mr. Sven Aelterman to request to be enrolled in the SCOB Admin and SCOB Discipline Coordinating Committees organizations.
- Complete vita entry in Digital Measures' Activity Insight (all faculty)
Troy University uses an online electronic vita web site to collect and report on faculty qualifications.
New faculty will not have an account on that site from day one of employment. When faculty does receive account information, you must complete the vita sections following the instructions at
- Review online, self-paced training options for Windows, Office, etc
- If desired, request a faculty page.