2013-2014: If you have any old copies of capstone exams in your course (from course copy), please remove all those pools and tests. All capstone exams have changed for 2013-2014.
This page applies to B.S.B.A. concentration capstone assessments.
It is each instructor's responsibility to obtain a copy of the program capstone assessment in time to administer the exam.
Concentration capstone assessments must be administered in Blackboard to allow for central data collection and reporting.
Note About Course Copies from Previous Terms
If you normally course copy a previous term's shell into the current term's shell, you may already have the capstone exam. However, you will not necessarily be notified when the capstone exam for your discipline has changed. Therefore, it's best to remove the exam version that came from the previous term and obtain a fresh copy every time.
Steps to Obtain the Exam (for all disciplines)
The capstone exam for each discipline is available in a dedicated Blackboard shell. Instructors teaching a capstone course will be enrolled in that shell at the beginning of each term. Before the exam is administered, instructors must follow the steps below to copy the exam to their own course shell.
- Log on to Blackboard.
- Enter the Blackboard course holding the capstone exam for your discipline. The name of the course follows this form:
<DISCIPLINE> CAPSTONE EXAM
and the course ID is the capstone course number.
There may be a V2 appended at the end of the shell name.
- Go to that course's Control Panel.
- Under Packages and Utilities, click Course Copy.
- Choose Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
(click for full size image)
- Use the Browse... button to locate the Destination Course ID (i.e. your Blackboard course shell for this term/semester).
- Locate your course by searching for a portion of a course ID or name.
- Select the appropriate course from the list.
- Click Submit.
- Under Select Course Materials, select Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
Depending on the specific type of capstone assessment, you may need to select additional materials also, this may include
- Grade Center Settings
- Assessments (content area)
- Click Submit.
The course copy process will take the test and any pools (if applicable) and copy them to your Blackboard shell. Your existing tests and pools will not be affected.
After the course copy process is complete, you will receive an e-mail message with a notification. You can then schedule the exam like you would normally schedule an exam in Blackboard, with the following settings:
- When scheduling the exam, do not randomize the order of the questions. The questions must remain in the order in which they have been selected to allow for analysis by area (the position of the question on the exam determines the area to which it belongs for most exams).
- The use of the Respondus LockDown Browser is preferred when administering the exam.