This information is pending revisions for 2013-2014.
Be sure to review the general Program Capstone Exam guidelines.
- There are 80 questions on the exam, with 10 questions from each SLO (listed below).
- understand the risk management process and the insurance mechanism,
- compare and contrast the coverages provided by traditional property and liability contracts,
- differentiate among the uses of various life and health insurance products,
- interpret the legal foundations of insurance contracts and relevant state and federal regulation,
- understand the workings of the surplus lines and reinsurance markets,
- identify and analyze the pure risk of the firm,
- interpret insurance company financial statements to analyze profitability and stability,
- distinguish between ethical and unethical insurance practices.
- The exam time limit is 2 hours.
- A handheld calculator that is not capable of storing text is allowed.
- The exam should be administered during the last week of RMI 4442.
- The exam counts as 20% of the final course grade.
RMI Program Director: Dr. Ed Duett